CEMSI offers “cradle-to-grave” services through its fully integrated waste management facilities.
1. Waste Treatment
Aside from having the first and only fully-integrated and comprehensive waste management facility in the country, Cleanway has earned the respect of local authorities (DENR, PEZA, LLDA, LGU) and the recognition of international organizations (UKAS Environmental Managenent, Anglo-Japanese American Registrars and JAS-ANZ), thus warranting its ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004 accreditations.
- Physico-Chemical Treatment to detoxify and neutralize liquid inorganic wastes (e.g. cyanide, hexavalent chromium, acid, and alkali) and heavy metals (e.g. zinc, nickel, copper, and lead).
- Solvent Recovery Process for washing solvents, contaminated isopropyl alcohol and acetone, toluene, and other spent solvents.
- Hydroclave Treatment for biomedical waste, using steam sterilization (6log10) at 121°C within 30 minutes or 135°C within 15 minutes to prevent growth and formation of bacillus stearothermophilus.
- Solidification/Stabilization for wastewater sludge or solid wastes containing heavy metals (e.g. lead, arsenic, chromium, cadmium, boron, selenium, and mercury) to prevent the leaching of toxic substances to the earth. A Toxicity Characteristic Leaching Procedure (TCLP) test in line with U.S. EPA Procedure SW 1311 is conducted prior to waste disposal in secured landfills.
- Bulb Crusher for crushing and processing spent fluorescent lamps to prevent the emission of mercury into the environment.
- Treatment of Asbestos-Contaminated Materials (ACM), for proper disposal, including the dismantling and transport, air monitoring, packing with polyethylene liners, removal of loose fibers, dust, and dirt.
2. Disposal in Secure Landfills
Our first-of-its-kind, double-lined Secure Landfills are designed and constructed compliant with International Standards, and are made of several bed liners to prevent leaching of treated wastes into the soil and ensure optimum environmental safety.
3. Transport and Collection
We provide transport, using EMB-accredited vehicles and EMB-certified personnel, for the collection and hauling of industrial hazardous, non-hazardous, and healthcare wastes to our treatment facilities.
4. Laboratory Testing
We subject collected wastes to analytical testing in our laboratories (EMB-certified 3rd Party laboratory) to characterize waste and identify the proper treatment and disposal protocol. Our analytical capabilities cover water and wastewater parameters, solids, and solvents with the help of our state-of-the-art Quality Monitoring Equipment:
- Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer with HVG (metals analysis)
- Gas Chromatograph (solvents analysis)
- Oxitop System (BOD₅ analysis)
- UV-Vis (colorimetric determination)
- KF Titrator (moisture analysis).
We provide laboratory services to companies that require testing of water and wastewater parameters.
5. Warehousing and Storage
We store waste, properly labeled and documented according to DENR’s Waste Tracking System, and segregated and stored through the use of our “Rack-and-Pallet System,” in strict compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Standards.
CEMSI is the first fully integrated and comprehensive waste management facility in the country. It has earned the respect of local authorities (DENR, PEZA, LLDA, LGU) and the recognition of international organizations (UKAS Environmental Management, Anglo-Japanese American Registrars and JAS-ANZ). It has the ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004 accreditations.